Monday, December 22, 2008

Swinging and Satsumas - Her Two Favorite Things!

Lila loves to swing and eat satsumas, though not always at the same time!

Satsumas...For those of you non-Floridians, a satsuma resembles a mandarin orange, but is very sweet and usually seedless. Also, the skin is very easy to peel which is one of the reasons it is one of Lila's favorite things. Let me clarify...Lila loves every type of fruit - kiwi, banana, mango, apple, orange, grape, pineapple, melons of any kind, strawberry, really ANYTHING! However, she loves to hold a satsuma in her hand and let the juice drip down her chin and will drop everything to eat one! My parents have an orange grove in their backyard - really! It's beautiful! I think there are about eight (or more) satsuma trees! My dad has worked hard on those trees over the years, so when it's time for them to be "harvested", he shares them with everyone, especially Lila! When I pick Lila up after work, there she is, sitting on the countertop eating satsumas with Bud Bud (my dad) day after day. It's precious! So now, anytime she sees a round, orange fruit, it's a "suma" to her.

Swinging...This child would swing for days! She loves it! I know it's very common for children to love to swing, but come on! She never gets tired of it! When she sees a swing - anywhere - it's, "Oooh, I see swing!" And, of course, we have to jump on!

"Ooh! I see suma!" Very dramatic - like her mom!

My little bird waiting for her food!
The juice on the chin is a dead giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. how have I never heard of this? yumm. she is jsut so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Lila's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Drew's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers