Yes, it is two days before Christmas, and I am just highlighting Thanksgiving! So, here I am, - one month after Thanksgiving...still in the Thankful spirit! Over the past month, our reasons to be thankful have been more apparent to us than ever.
We do have so many reasons to be thankful...
1. We have a healthy and happy family...
I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who would do anything to make Lila and me happy. With Lila's injury, Andrew and I have been able to reflect and realize how lucky we are that she only injured her leg! It's helped us put our lives in perspective and understand the important things in life.
2. An amazing extended (and nearby) family...
We are fortunate to have the love and support of a big family -within 20 miles (or less) of our front door! We don't take for granted for one second how blessed we are to have our family so close. We've always appreciated them more than anything, but the past month has shown how close a family can pull together in a time of need. They've taken care of us with food, doing chores (mainly mine!), and given us extra TLC. Our parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. have been so supportive. We are so thankful for them.
3. Extraordinary friends near and far...
We couldn't ask for better friends! They've prayed, called, and written sweet notes of support. We are ever so thankful for their friendship to us during this time, and always!
4. I could go on and on with our wonderful jobs, my students, our home, God's love for us, etc. This has truly been a special holiday season for us.
Lila enjoying her Honeybaked Ham...she and I were eating it like candy!!
Hanging out on the dock with Uncle Robert!


No comments:
Post a Comment