We took Lila to get her cast five days after her accident. They x-rayed and saw that the tibia was healing beautifully! The fibula still has some work to do, but she should be out of her cast before Christmas. She was such a tough girl getting her splint off and her cast on. We, of course, went with hot pink for her cast. She loved it when they opened the package and saw the bright pink casting material. She said, "Oooh, pink! I see pink!" Whew! I knew at that moment that we had made the right color choice! She was very interested in watching them wrap the pink around and around. They even gave her a "Boo-Boo Bear!" She calls her cast her "Pink Banyay" (band-aid). Now we are officially on the mend!!





Oh my goodness...Im so glad you posted all of this so I could read about it all. Despite everything she has to be the cutest little girl in the WHOLE world and SO happy! So precious! I love the Wiggles post....adorable! We felt that way at Disney World! :) I'm so glad she is doing well and will continue to pray for fast healing. I miss you so much and wish Jake and Lila could be friends!! You are an amazing mom!!
ReplyDeleteI have been working these past couple of weeks, Allison (and all the while feeling badly for working moms like yourself). Anyway, I have been reading all of your updates during my break. Even though Matt shared with me the story, it is so sad to read it again. But, it is so amazing what a trooper Lila has been. She is one tough cookie! We are so thankful she is healing and doing well. Much love and prayers are being sent your way!
ReplyDelete