We signed Lila up for swimming lessons this week. She started last Monday afternoon. The lessons are five days a week for six weeks. The sessions only last for ten minutes (but they feel like an eternity!) It's a one-on-one swimming class designed to teach infant survival. By the end of our session, she should be able to float and swim to the steps. I'm very excited to see this develop....However...having only been to four lessons, I can tell this is going to be a LONG journey. I've heard horror stories of swimming lessons where the child screams the entire lesson...well, that happened with Lila this week. She has screamed for each lesson! She hates it. She's learned a lot, though. She's learned how to pull up on the side of the pool and how to put her face under and "glide" on her belly. It's so difficult to sit there and watch your screaming child when you know it's the best thing for them. Here are some pics of her first two days of lessons.
She's not really sure about this.
Or maybe it is!!
Get me out of here!


How great...I wish I could find something like that for Jake! I can't wait to hear how they go. Jake's lessons are one week for 30 minutes with 10 other kids!!
ReplyDeleteHer crying face is pitiful but so cute! I am anxious to hear how the lessons go, too. I need to find Maggie something similar. Oh, by the way, we are in on the Weaver/Gaymon reunion. Now, we just need to find a time that it is the cheapest to travel. Can't wait!
ReplyDelete