One of Lila's favorite things to do is push her baby stroller around our cul-de-sac. She calls it "strow ride" (stroller ride). The minute we pull into the driveway each afternoon after work, she screams "strow ride!" She never gets enough of it.
While Andrew was out with her Monday afternoon, and I was inside cooking dinner, I heard ear-piercing screams coming closer to the kitchen. Andrew was bringing our wounded strow-rider inside to wash off. She had taken a tumble outside and had big gashes on the knuckles of both thumbs. Being that this was her first "real" bloody injury of her 18 month life (I know, we've made it a long time!), I completely made over her. I knew I wasn't setting a good example of how you handle an injury, but she looked so pitiful...I couldn't help but feel sorry for her! The day before, we had picked out two packs of band-aids ("bahn-yayds") at the grocery store (ironic - I knew we were due for blood sometime in the near future). We compromised - she picked out SpongeBob "Sa-ba!" and I picked out pretty neon colored ones. **Disclaimer - No, we don't let our 18 month old watch ridiculous SpongeBob. She just knows his name from flipping channels. He doesn't hold her attention for very long, anyway.**
Our injured strow-rider
Most parents make injuries feel better with a treat.
Ours was a whole cucumber ("cumbah")...crazy, but she loved it!


Now I don't feel so crazy for grapes being our treat! :) (I keep the desserts for myself anyway :))
ReplyDelete