Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big Bed!

No, we haven't moved Lila to her own bed, but this was our first experience having her fall asleep in a real bed.

I spent the night with my parents one night, and we kept Lila up late (8:30 p.m. - wow)!!! Lila had a tough time going to bed, so I put her in my bed and scratched her back ("sca-back" in Lila terms). In five minutes, she was asleep. I just laid there and snuggled with her. It was so precious to hear her breathing and to stroke her hair. I guess we've trained her so well - to fall asleep on her own and sleep in her bed that we've missed out on some of the special moments in life. She is an amazing sleeper and will fall asleep in any crib (at Grandmom's, Nana's, pack-n-play)...for that we are fortunate. However, I miss being able to snuggle with her and for her to fall asleep in my arms. This was one special night, so I had to snap a quick picture of it!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love those very fleeting moments of cuddle time. Give Lila hugs for Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totlaay understand..I feel the same way!!

    ReplyDelete

Lila's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Drew's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers