Friday, February 13, 2009

Shopping

One of my favorite things to do is shop. Unfortunately, Lila does not enjoy it as much as I do (to say the least)! I never knew planning an outing with a (soon-to-be) two year old was such rocket science. For us, it has to be a perfectly calculated event. An ideal shopping day consists of two stores (max) with me knowing exactly what I'm going in to purchase. If I even think of going in to "shop around", forget it!? Of course, the time of day is crucial - before lunch, too hungry - after lunch, too tired. If I'm not exactly sure of what I need, I must always call for backup! Last week, I asked my mom to tag along. For the grocery store, Andrew joins in. The other day, I had to resort to dropping her off at Andrew's parents' house just so I could buy a gift for a baby shower! I'm definitely not complaining (mainly because I know it doesn't get any easier - especially when you add more children into the mix!?)...it's just interesting how one little human being can change the way you think about and plan each and every day.


How can you get upset with this precious face???

Here are some pictures of one attempt to shop. We managed some smiles during our meltdowns. Yes, I am the mom with the screaming child as we move aisle by aisle throughout the store. I resorted to putting her in the basket...not the safest place, but we avoided tears so crisis was averted!
Minutes from being asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lila's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Drew's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers