Our final vacation of the summer was a trip to my mom and dad's mountain house in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee. Andrew had to stay and hold down the fort in Jax, but Lila and I joined my parents for a little vacation. I always love going to their house. It's at the top of a mountain with breathtaking views! It's so peaceful to escape the city for a little while and enjoy the scenery and relaxation that the mountain house offers.
What was supposed to be a 9 1/2 - 10 hour trip turned into 12 hours both there and back! I thought I would go crazy! I was throwing one dvd after another into the dvd player because she would not sleep! It was exhausting for everyone (except Lila)! To a fault, I have trained Lila to nap only in her crib. So, now, when I WANT her to nap in the car she has a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. Usually, she'll just doze for about thirty minutes after fifteen minutes of fighting it (i.e., crying).
We really enjoyed this visit to the mountains. We were able to soak in all the attractions, since Lila is older now. While we were up there we went to a Rainforest zoo and Dollywood (Lila's second time). She was very hesitant to ride the kiddie rides by herself (for good reason!), but after making a few ride-buddies, she happily rode them all by herself! We do not have a shy child, by any means! She never meets a stranger. She wasn't sure about the carousel, but I think she finally warmed up to it by the end of the trip. What a big girl!
I love to hug my Grandmom!
Wiggly child and all...We had to get a picture in front of the Weaver Finch! I don't see it behind us, but at least the sign made it in the picture!!Without a doubt, the funniest thing I've seen in a while...a hungry billy goat!
"Buckle up! We're about to take off!"
"I'm feeling a little dizzy!"
Such a big girl!
Every girl needs her funnel cake!
I'm still not too sure about this!
We're looking forward to heading up there again in the winter for some snow, maybe???
Check out our whole Tennessee album on the link to the right "Weaver Family Photos".


Im so impressed she rode the rides by herself! Precious!
ReplyDeleteNow I know why you haven't posted a new entry...you were too busy having fun!
ReplyDeleteLila was such a big girl riding the rides all by herself. And, she looked really cute in her adorable outfit (which is important). Maggie can't wait to see her again! Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming!