Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Lila's Birth

Andrew and I arrived at the hospital on April 3, 2007 at 6:00 a.m. I was 10 days past my due date, and the doctor agreed to go ahead with an induction. They began the Pitocin at 7:30 a.m. My water broke at 11:00 a.m., and I begged for an epidural at 12:30 p.m. I tried to hold out as long as I could, but I was not able to stand the pain any longer. I had a strange feeling come over me at about 5:30 p.m. Little did I know, it was the "nesting" phenomenon everyone had talked about during pregnancy. My nesting period did not come until I was about to deliver! I gathered my mom and mother-in-law together, and I had them help me sanitize the whole room. Little did I know that Lila would be here in less than an hour. Lila was born on April 3, 2007 at 6:28 p.m. Lila weighed in at 8 lbs, 3 oz and was 21 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lila's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Drew's Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers